Policy Regarding Minors:
Our Policy for the LABOR DAY WEEKEND 2023 event:
Events produced by The Wilmark Dynasty are, in-general, family friendly productions. We think it's a wonderful hobby which nourishes creativity and welcome first-, second-, and third-generation gamers to join us!
Regarding the LARP: On the Rocks
This event, however, is pre-written and was run previously for adults only. There are no child characters, and in general is still intended for an 18+ audience.
If you would like to bring along your child aged 15+ who is an experienced gamer/LARPer, please send an email to email@example.com and we will discuss options with the writers to see if an accommodation can be made on a case-by-case basis.
As to the remainder of the weekend, particularly Sunday, and in case any minors are admitted to the LARP, the following policy applies to our events in general:
Most of our player base is happy to play with minors, but participation is not in any way to be confused with childcare; neither can you assume other adults or minors will be responsible for your child.
We do have a few policies regarding the attendance of minors, which are as follows:
1) Not every event will allow for minors, based usually on content. Please check the registration and game information *before* signing up to any event.
2) When registering a minor, you will have to identify their "responsible adult" - a parent or legal guardian, who will act as our first point of contact for the minor. When registering for any event, the primary email in use should be for the "responsible adult"; you may also provide an additonal email address for the minor if desired. You may also list additional parent/legal guardians at this time, who may then act as chaperone for items #3, 4. Please use the "other" box for this additional information.
3) The "responsible adult" must accompany any minor under 18 to the event and be visibly available at all times.
4) The "responsible adult" must accompany any minor under 14 at all times (within the same event area).
If they register for a game or participate in a game/event, you must either also register/play or be onhand as a chaperone.
5) Not every adult is keen to play with minors. We ask simply that you keep an eye on your child and any adults they interact with in case of a clash or seeming discomfort.
6) The "responsible adult" is fully responsible for assessing all physical dangers and safety concerns on behalf of the minor, and takes responsibility for keeping the minor safe, and within the vicinity of the event area. Running, horseplay, and other physically dangerous activities will not be a part of our program, and are therefore prohibited.
7) Exceptions to the parent or legal guardian rule (in the case of extended family or parental partners) can be requested if this information is clearly communicated to the Production Team. If it is unclear who these members are for a particular event, you can email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make an effort to verify this with the third party. Please have their consent/permission before notifying us. It is important that it be clear to us who is responsible for all attendees under the age of 18 in accordance with this policy.
8) The "responsible adult" will need to sign a covid/general safety waiver onsite on behalf of the minor.